Chou's Electrocardiography in Clinical Practice, 6th Edition
Adult and Pediatric
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Widely considered the optimal electrocardiography reference for practicing physicians, and consistently rated as the best choice on the subject for board preparation, this is an ideal source for mastering the fundamental principles and clinical applications of ECG. The 6th edition captures all of the latest knowledge in the field, including expanded and updated discussions of pediatric rhythm problems, pacemakers, stress testing, implantable cardiodefibrillator devices, and much more. It's the perfect book to turn to for clear and clinically relevant guidance on all of today’s ECG applications.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features new chapters on pediatric electrocardiography that explore rhythm problems associated with pediatric obesity, heart failure, and athletic activity.
- Presents a new chapter on recording and interpreting heart rhythms in patients with pacemakers.
- Includes new material on interpreting ECG findings associated with implantable cardioverter-defibrillators.
- Provides fully updated coverage on the increased importance of ECGs in stress testing.
- Comprehensively and expertly describes how to capture and interpret all normal and abnormal ECG findings in adults and children.
- Features the expertise of internationally recognized authorities on electrocardiography, for advanced assistance in mastering the subtle but critical nuances of this complex diagnostic modality.
"The book thoroughly reviews adult and pediatric electrocardiography with an emphasis on the clinical manifestations of disease and the scientific basis for the electrocardiogram. New chapters cover ICD and pacemaker tracings with expanded coverage on stress testing. New sections explore the rhythm problems associated with pediatric obesity, heart failure, and athletics. The authors have created a useful new edition that is an indispensable reference source for ECG principles and applications. It delivers clinically relevant guidance on all of today's electrocardiographic applications, provides many useful illustrations, and is full of sample ECGs." - Doody's ***
By Borys Surawicz, MD, MACC, Professor Emeritus, Indiana University School of Medicine, Senior Research Associate, Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Member of the Care Group, Indianapolis, IN; and Timothy Knilans, MD, Associate Professor, Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine; Director, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing, The Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH