Coder's Resource Handbook
Hello, we will be performing scheduled maintenance from 1:00 AM until 4:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on May 28, 2015. Due to this maintenance, ebooks will be temporarily unavailable for purchase. Print book purchases will be unaffected. We apologize for any inconvenience.
This portable, spiral-bound reference may be used with any coding textbook in a medical insurance, billing, and coding program. It's also a handy reference for practicing coders who need quick access to common information or a quick brush-up on common coding rules, terminology, abbreviations, and acronyms. Easy to carry and refer to, this book eliminates the need to rely on bulky reference books for the commonly used codes.Table of Contents
- Provides quick reference tools to commonly needed information in one succinct guide for ease and efficiency.
- Includes lists of common abbreviations and acronyms used most often in coding for review —for medical records, physician notes, etc.
- Contains A&P review with anatomical charts to assist in understanding the diagnoses given and the procedures performed.
- Lists common ICD-9-CM and CPT codes by specialty and type to assist in accurate coding.
- Includes illustrations of common source documents such as encounter forms, operative reports and ancillary reports, with quick tips on abstracting key elements needed for accurate coding.
- Provides auditing tools in the form of check-off sheets for data entry review, claims review and patient chart review.
By Marsha Diamond, CPC,CPC-H, Program Director & Instructor, Coding and Health Information, Central Florida College, Orlando, FL, USA