The Ultimate Guide and Review for the USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills Exam
Be thoroughly prepared with 30 clinical cases covering all the major scenarios you're likely to seeTable of Contents
New to This Edition
The Ultimate Guide for Step 2 CS Examination will guide you confidently through the Step 2 exam. Focusing on the important concepts of the exam, it will additionally suggest many communication techniques—vital in establishing an excellent doctor-patient relationship. Thirty practice cases will help you hone your history-taking, physical examination, and communication skills and enable you to develop the confidence you need to succeed.
Section I focuses on the basics of the exam—including score reporting and time management. Section II focuses on communication skills—including interviewing techniques, patient challenges, and common exam mistakes. Section III is comprised entirely of practice cases. There is also and appendix on acceptable abbreviations and another on possible case diagnoses.
- Be thoroughly prepared with 30 clinical cases covering all the major scenarios you're likely to see on the exam.
- Become comfortable with how the exam is administered using this detailed overview.
- Hone your communication skills for this important aspect of the exam.
- Focus on the critical information you need to learn for each case with sample checklists based on the patient's chief complaint.
- Deepen your understanding of the material using references to the acclaimed Textbook of Physical Diagnosis.
By Mark H. Swartz, MD, FACP, Professor of Medicine, State University of New York (SUNY), Downstate College of Medicine, Brooklyn, NY; Director, C3NY (Clinical Competence Center of New York); Dean of Medical Education, New York College of Podiatric Medicine, New York, NY