Equine Emergencies, 3rd Edition
Treatment and Procedures
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Respond quickly and confidently to emergency situations with the only text dedicated entirely to equine emergency treatment. The latest edition of this reliable manual is vastly expanded to encompass a wide range of new and evolving topics in horse care, with thorough, step-by-step procedures for the most effective emergency treatment. Portable for use in the clinic or in the field and presented for the first time in full color, it's your one-source guide for complete equine emergency support.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- 12 new chapters help you ensure biosecurity and treat a variety of increasingly common emergency conditions, including diarrheal, infectious, and zoonotic diseases.
- Revised Organ Systems section presents content in a more user-friendly, timesaving format.
- What to Do and What Not to Do headings identify proper care techniques and alert you to steps you should avoid.
- Updated drug dosage table improves treatment with accurate dosage information for many recently approved drugs.
- Full-color design distinguishes specific features within the text for quick reference in critical situations.
- Unique focus provides your only single-source guide devoted to equine emergency management.
- Bulleted format makes information easily retrievable, presenting detailed procedures in concise, step-by-step outlines.
By James A. Orsini, DVM, Dipl ACVS, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Kennet Square, PA, USA; and Thomas Divers, DVM, Dipl ACVIM, ACVECC, New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, The Health Science Unit of Cornell University, Department of Clinical Studies, Ithaca, NY, USA