Equine Emergencies, 3rd Edition
Treatment and Procedures
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Respond quickly and confidently to emergency situations with the only text dedicated entirely to equine emergency treatment. The latest edition of this reliable manual is vastly expanded to encompass a wide range of new and evolving topics in horse care, with thorough, step-by-step procedures for the most effective emergency treatment. Portable for use in the clinic or in the field and presented for the first time in full color, it's your one-source guide for complete equine emergency support.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- 12 new chapters help you ensure biosecurity and treat a variety of increasingly common emergency conditions, including diarrheal, infectious, and zoonotic diseases.
- Revised Organ Systems section presents content in a more user-friendly, timesaving format.
- What to Do and What Not to Do headings identify proper care techniques and alert you to steps you should avoid.
- Updated drug dosage table improves treatment with accurate dosage information for many recently approved drugs.
- Full-color design distinguishes specific features within the text for quick reference in critical situations.
- Unique focus provides your only single-source guide devoted to equine emergency management.
- Bulleted format makes information easily retrievable, presenting detailed procedures in concise, step-by-step outlines.
By James A. Orsini, DVM, Dipl ACVS, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Kennet Square, PA, USA; and Thomas Divers, DVM, Dipl ACVIM, ACVECC, New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, The Health Science Unit of Cornell University, Department of Clinical Studies, Ithaca, NY, USA