Fundamentals of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
Expert Consult- Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
FUNDAMENTALS OF MUSCULOSKELETAL ULTRASOUND packs a big punch for such a compact book. It teaches the resident, clinician and even medical student, how to perform and read musculoskeletal ultrasounds, while highlighting the basic anatomy needed to perform and interpret ultrasounds and the salient points needed to make diagnosis. Key anatomy, concepts, diseases and even controversies are highlighted, rather than presenting a lengthy tome covering the A to Z's of musculoskeletal ultrasound.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- See exactly how to examine each body region (shoulder, hand, etc.) by watching video demonstrations. 5-minute walk-throughs show you how to perform each ultrasound examination, and 15-second case-based clips illustrate a variety of clinical findings you might see.
- Visually grasp and understand essential concepts, techniques, and interpretation skills through 500 high-quality images including 100 color Doppler examples.
- Apply the best practices and stay current with updated content, including a new chapter on interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound.
- Access the full text online at expertconsult.com including the entire image library and video clips.
- Find answers quickly in a simple, outline-style format featuring a succinct, highly accessible writing style -- emphasizing lists and tables -- that makes information easy to understand.
- Deepen your understanding of the anatomy of peripheral joints so you can interpret ultrasound scans with confidence.
- Differentiate one condition from another by examining the sonographic appearances of common musculoskeletal pathologies.
- Correlate your knowledge of anatomy with the development of skilled ultrasound technique. This is an excellent primer for rheumatologists incorporating MSK US into their practices to evaluate and treat inflammatory joint diseases.
By Jon A. Jacobson, MD, Associate Professor of Radiology; Director, Division of Musculoskeletal Radiology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI