Orthopaedic Surgical Approaches
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This exciting new reference from Dr. Miller, et al provides an expert, illustrative guide to the full array of common and contemporary surgical approaches in orthopaedics. Organized by anatomical region and by procedure, you’ll find overviews of regional anatomy, cross-sectional anatomy, landmarks, and hazards; plus patient positioning, incisions, superficial and deep dissection and closure for each approach. The book includes the very latest advances in arthroscopic, mini-incision and computer-assisted techniques. Plus a bonus DVD features narrated video clips of surgical approaches A must have resource regardless of your level of training.Table of Contents
- Details the techniques and pitfalls of each surgical approach including:
- optimal patient positioning
- clear previews of anatomic landmarks and incisions
- potential dangers of superficial and deep dissection
- techniques of closure
- Provides over 1,000 original full color drawings and color photographs depicting the full range of contemporary surgical approaches used in orthopaedics.
- Organized by anatomical region (including a review of regional anatomy, cross-sectional anatomy, landmarks and hazards), and then by procedure, making reference a snap.
- Supplies an up-to-date anatomic review of surgical approaches including new advances in arthroscopy, mini-open, robotic, and computer-assisted techniques.
- Includes a bonus DVD containing more than 80 video clips of surgical approaches to help you master the fine technical details of each surgery.
By Mark D. Miller, MD, Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Head, Division of Sports Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA; Team Physician, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA; A. Bobby Chhabra, MD, Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA; Shepard R. Hurwitz, MD, Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery; Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Head, Division of Foot and Ankle, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA; William M. Mihalko, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA; and Francis H. Shen, MD, Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Spine Surgery, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA