Oncology of Infancy and Childhood
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
To address the growing complexities of childhood cancer, Nathan and Oski’s Hematology and Oncology of Infancy and Childhood has now been separated into two distinct volumes. With this volume devoted strictly to pediatric oncology, and another to pediatric hematology, you will be on the cutting edge of these two fields. This exciting new, full-color reference provides you with the most comprehensive, authoritative, up-to-date information for diagnosing and treating children with cancer. It brings together the pathophysiology of disease with detailed clinical guidance on diagnosis and management for the full range of childhood cancers, including aspects important in optimal supportive care. Written by the leading names in pediatric oncology, this resource is an essential tool for all who care for pediatric cancer patients. And, as an Expert Consult title, this brand-new resource comes with access to the complete contents online, fully searchable.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of all pediatric cancers, including less common tumors, making this the most complete guide to pediatric cancer.
- Covers emerging research developments in cancer biology and therapeutics, both globally and in specific pediatric tumors.
- Includes a section on supportive care in pediatric oncology, written by authors who represent the critical subdisciplines involved in this important aspect of pediatric oncology.
- Uses many boxes, graphs, and tables to highlight complex clinical diagnostic and management guidelines.
- Presents a full-color design that includes clear illustrative examples of the relevant pathology and clinical issues, for quick access to the answers you need.
- Provides access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, enabling you to consult it rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Incorporates the codified WHO classification for all lymphomas and leukemias.
"The chapter on the Thalassemias is also very profound and especially the discussion of the alpha Thalassemia with intellectual disability/mental retardation, which is a rare but maybe an under-diagnosed entity. All in all, this is a book that should be in the library of every pediatric department around the world." JAMH, 2009
"All in all the editors should be congratulated for a work well done, and this book should also find its place in every paediatric department library." JAMH, 2009
By Stuart H. Orkin, MD, Chairman, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; David G. Nathan Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA; David E. Fisher, MD, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; A. Thomas Look, MD, Division of Pediatrics, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA; Samuel MD Lux, IV; David Ginsburg, MD, Professor of Medicine, Howard Hughs Medical Institute, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI and David G. Nathan, MD, President Emeritus, Dana-Farber Cancer Institue, Robert A. Stranahan Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA