Nathan and Oski's Hematology of Infancy and Childhood, 7th Edition
Expert Consult: Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
To address the exponential growth in the fields of pediatric hematology and oncology, this classic reference has been separated into two distinct volumes. With this volume, devoted strictly to pediatric hematology, and another to pediatric oncology, you’ll keep you on the cutting-edge of these two specialties. The completely revised 7th edition of Nathan and Oski’s Hematology of Infancy and Childhood is now in full color, and provides you with the most comprehensive, authoritative, up-to-date information for diagnosing and treating children with hematologic disorders. It brings together the pathophysiology of disease with detailed clinical guidance on diagnosis and management for the full range of blood diseases that you encounter in everyday practice. Written by the leading names in pediatric hematology, this resource is an essential tool for anyone involved in caring for children with hematologic disorders. And, as an Expert Consult title, this thoroughly updated 7th edition comes with access to the complete contents online, fully searchable.
New to This Edition
- Offers comprehensive coverage of all hematologic disorders, including newly recognized ones, along with the latest breakthroughs in diagnosis and management.
- Uses many boxes, graphs, and tables to highlight complex clinical diagnostic and management guidelines at a glance.
- Presents an all-new full-color design that includes clear illustrative examples of relevant science and clinical problems for quick access to the answers you need.
- Provides access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, enabling you to consult it rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Balances summaries of relevant pathophysiology with clear, practical clinical guidance to help you thoroughly understand the underlying science of diseases.
"This is an excellent text of non-malignant paediatric haematology, carrying on the well established tradition of previous editions... The book is underpinned by inclusion of up-to-date information about the pathogenesis of haematological diseases, which is especially important given the huge contribution of molecular geneticists to the understanding of paediatric haematology, and vice versa."
BMA Book Awards 2009 - judges comments
"This is the gold standard reference in pediatric hematology, an indispensable tool for the offices of practicing pediatric hematologists... it also is an excellent resource for general pediatricians, providing basic information on the hematology of children... The seventh edition updates, preserves, and fulfills the objectives set out by the original editors, David Nathan and Frank Oski, in 1974." - Doody's Review, 4 Stars
By Stuart H. Orkin, MD, Chairman, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; David G. Nathan Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA; David E. Fisher, MD, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; A. Thomas Look, MD, Division of Pediatrics, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA; Samuel E. Lux, IV; David Ginsburg, MD, Professor of Medicine, Howard Hughs Medical Institute, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI; and David G. Nathan, MD, President Emeritus, Dana-Farber Cancer Institue, Robert A. Stranahan Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA