Diagnostic Pathology of Infectious Disease
Expert Consult: Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Diagnostic Pathology of Infectious Disease presents a comprehensive, organ-based approach to the effective and accurate diagnosis of infectious diseases. Dr. Richard L. Kradin covers the latest information on H1N1, as well as the use of immunohistochemical stains, PCR, Immunoperoxidase, and other molecular techniques for a current representation of the field. High-quality, full-color illustrations and differential diagnosis tables accompany each lesion so you can quickly identify and diagnose whatever you see. Online and print, this reference is an invaluable tool for the accurate diagnosis of any infectious disease-from the common to the most challenging.
- Includes the fully searchable contents of the book online at expertconsult.com, along with a full image bank and access to PathConsult.
- Covers the latest techniques in immunohistochemistry and molecular genetics integrated throughout the text for comprehensive information on all investigative contexts relevant to ensuring diagnostic accuracy.
- Emphasizes the host responses critical in differential diagnosis to serve as a second opinion when non-infectious diagnoses mimic and confound the diagnosis of infection.
- Provides a complete visual guide to suspect lesions through superb, high-quality, full-color illustrations of key aspects of various diseases that facilitate the rapid identification of biopsy specimen.
- Presents contents organized by organ as opposed to pathogen to more effectively address diagnostic and management issues.
- Features tables that list differential diagnosis for each lesion for quick summaries of key points in problem areas.
- Highlights morphological characteristics and landmarks of tissue samples throughout the text for easy access to information necessary for signing out specimen.
- Focuses on clinicopathologic features and correlations so you can deal with the diagnostic problems you face every day.
By Richard L. Kradin, MD, Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA