Colposcopy, 2nd Edition
Principles and Practice, Text with DVD
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The new edition of this popular, richly illustrated textbook and atlas features a top-notch, diverse editorial team who offer you the most current information and reliable guidance on all aspects of colposcopy. They present unparalleled coverage on the full range of topics, from basic science to clinical colposcopy to the latest information on anal disease and HPV infections in adolescents. More than 800 full-color, high-quality colpophotographs highlight all the variations seen in colposcopic practice and accompanying brief highlighted text further explains every concept. The book's unique organization emphasizes the correlation among cytology, colposcopy, and histology to help you make the most accurate diagnosis, and a DVD containing videos clips of colposcopic procedures and supplies guide you through every procedure.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features more than 50% new or replaced illustrations, providing higher-quality visual guidance.
- Presents best-evidence for the latest therapeutic guidelines and treatment options, so you can make better informed decisions.
- Provides new chapters on anal disease and HPV infections in adolescents to keep you on the cusp of the latest techniques and practices.
- Discusses the pitfalls and tricks of the trade of colposcopy to help you avoid complications.
- Includes a DVD of 9 video clips (30 minutes of footage) of procedures offering you step-by-step instructions on performing the colposcopy.
- Encompasses the expertise of first-class investigators and clinicians from a variety of disciplines, including family practice, obstetrics, pathology, and gynecology providing you with a wide range of options and perspectives.
- Presents side-by-side illustrations of colposcopy, cytology, and histology, making correlations easy to see and understand.
- Features relevant discussions and descriptive graphics to explore low and high-grade CIN and cancer and glandular lesions.
- Includes a list of key points at the end of each chapter that summarize essential information.
- Outlines all aspects of patient management, using practical, evidence-based algorithms for at-a-glance review.
By Barbara S. Apgar, MD, MS, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI; Gregory L. Brotzman, MD, Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin; and Mark Spitzer, MD, Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY