Introduction to Intravenous Therapy for Health Professionals
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$47.95|
Designed for existing courses within the MA curricula, this text provides initial preparation for the principles and techniques of intravenous therapy. Students will learn the basic knowledge necessary to safely and precisely administer basic IV fluids and medications within the scope of practice for their particular health care profession.Table of Contents
- Each chapter is organized with chapter outlines, learning objectives, key words with definitions, and chapter summaries.
- Includes a basic review of anatomy and physiology to provide a fundamental understanding of how IV therapy can interact with each body system.
- A variety of exercises (such as IV calculations or patient teaching) are integrated within each chapter to reinforce the learning of often-difficult concepts.
- Includes an array of worksheets on the companion Evolve website (such as drugs, charting, or drug and dosage calculations) to provide practice tools for the student.
- Each chapter concludes with multiple-choice review questions to test students' knowledge of the content within that chapter.
- Provides a Competency Check Sheet with standards for performance and to meet competency-based education requirements.
By Eugenia M. Fulcher, RN, BSN, MEd, EdD, CMA, Former Program Director, Medical Asstisting, Swainsboro Technical College, Waynesboro, GA; and Margaret Schell Frazier, RN, CMA, BS, Formerly-Department Chair, Health and Human Services Division, Program Chair, Medical Assisting Program, Ivy Tech State College, Fort Wayne, IN