Atlas of Head and Neck Surgery
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Atlas of Head and Neck Surgery, by Drs. James I. Cohen and Gary L. Clayman, delivers unparalleled visual guidance and insight to help you master the most important and cutting-edge head and neck procedures. Clear, consistent black-and-white drawings and detailed text lead you through each step of all standard operations, while commentary from leading experts presents alternative techniques - complete with explanations about the differences, nuances, pearls, and pitfalls of each approach. Concise yet complete, this easily accessible text captures groundbreaking techniques such as video-assisted thyroid and parathyroid surgeries; transoral laser surgeries; and robotic surgeries. In print or online at www.expertconsult.com, this surgical technique reference is an ideal resource for planning and performing successful head and neck surgery or preparing for the head and neck portion of the Otolaryngology boards.Table of Contents
- Understand how to proceed thanks to an abundance of explicit illustrations and detailed text that take you from one step to the next.
- Quickly find the information you need to make confident decisions. Relevant indications/contraindications, pre-operative considerations, and post operative management are presented in an easily accessible format.
- Discern the nuances and understand the differences between standard operations and alternate techniques. Experts debate each procedure offering insightful explanations, rationale, and tips for avoiding complications.
- Master new procedures such as video-assisted thyroid and parathyroid surgeries; transoral laser surgeries; and robotic surgeries. Section editor F. Christopher Holsinger, MD, FACS, is at the forefront of many of these techniques, some of which are being illustrated for the first time here.
- Learn from some of the very best - Experts from the MD Anderson Cancer Center and the Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) share their innovative approaches to the surgical techniques and complications management most frequently seen in practice.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Understand specific variations in anatomy as they apply to each procedure.
"This is an outstanding book that covers both common and uncommon topics in infectious disease. I found information on infections that I have never encountered in 30 years of practice. It will be helpful to infectious disease specialists as well as nonspecialists around the world in terms of diagnosis, treatment, and epidemiology of unusual as well as common problems. Excellent glossy photos and tables/figures are informative at a quick glance even without reading the text. Now in its third edition, this book has clearly stood the test of time." - Joseph R. Lentino, MD, PhD(Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine), Excerpts from Doody’s review service, Rating - 4 Stars!
By James I. Cohen, MD, PhD, FACS, Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery; Chief Otolaryngology/Assistant Chief Surgery, Portland VA Medical Center, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Oregon and Gary L. Clayman, DMD, MD, FACS, Alando J. Ballantyne Distinguished Chair of Head & Neck Surgery; Professor of Surgery and Cancer Biology, Department of Head and Neck Surgery; Chief, Section of Head & Neck Endocrine Surgery; Deputy Head Division of Surgery, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas