Pharmacotherapeutics, 2nd Edition
Clinical Reasoning in Primary Care
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$142.00|
PHARMACOTHERAPEUTICS: CLINICAL REASONING IN PRIMARY CARE, 2nd Edition, features a unique clinical reasoning format that provides both the content knowledge and the clinical reasoning skills you’ll need to become an expert prescriber. This in-depth book has been thoroughly revised, updated, and reviewed from cover to cover by a multidisciplinary panel of nurse practitioners and physician’s assistants. Clinical Alerts throughout the text point out potential medication safety risks, and new Evidence-Based Pharmacotherapeutics boxes highlight recent research evidence in drug therapy.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Emphasis on clinical decision-making has been retained and refocused on clinical reasoning in this edition.
- Case Studies (48 total) feature a treatment plan and a unique Clinical Reasoning Analysis section in which an expert prescriber reflects on the factors that led to a particular drug choice for a patient situation.
- UNIQUE! Evidence-Based Pharmacotherapeutics boxes highlight recent research evidence in drug therapy and feature a research article, the purpose, design, methods, findings, and conclusions of the study, and implications for practice.
- Clinical Alerts throughout the text alert the prescriber to potential medication safety risks and other key drug information.
- New chapters on poisonings, drugs used for migraines, and drugs for bladder, prostate, and erectile dysfunction address important new developments in pharmacotherapeutics.
- Unique clinical reasoning format teaches you not only the drug content but also how to use that knowledge in prescribing.
- Pharmacokinetics tables summarize how drugs work within the body after administration.
- UNIQUE! Controversy boxes address current issues in pharmacology from various viewpoints while challenging you to formulate your own opinions and stay current on ethical, legal, and practical issues in pharmacotherapuetics.
- Drug interaction tables provide indispensable drug interaction information to help ensure safe pharmacotherapy.
- Dosage regimen tables give you an overview of adult and pediatric dosage guidelines.
By Kathleen Gutierrez, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, CNS-BC, Independent Practice, Littleton, CO; Associate Professor School of Nursing, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO