Dermatology e-dition, 2nd Edition
Text with Continually Updated Online Reference, 2-Volume Set
This definitive reference provides easy access to essential and authoritative clinical guidance on the full range of dermatologic entities encountered in today's practice. It delivers more comprehensive coverage of clinical adult and pediatric dermatology, drug therapy, dermatologic surgery, and pathology than you will find in any other single text. The 2-volume set provides practical, in-depth coverage...helpful illustrations, algorithms and schematics...and clinically oriented guidance...page after page...enabling you to arrive at confident diagnoses, while the online component allows you to search the complete contents of the printed text, download any of the entire collection of photos, illustrations, schematics and algorithms, as well as receive regular updates on important new clinical developments.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Save time putting together your next lecture or preparing for a hospital consult. Go online and quickly search the entire image collection and download any of the pictures, illustrations, algorithms or schematics from the book right onto your own computer!
- Save frustration when searching for specific topics, whether in the book or online. All of the chapters are standardized so you can get the solutions to your problems quickly and easily.
- Presents more "high-yield" information in restructured chapters, as well as expanded coverage of rarities - now displayed in table format - without increasing the extent of the book.
- Includes additional images covering more conditions, for enhanced reference power.
- Discusses pathologic entities in proportion to their incidence, enabling you to focus on the likeliest diagnoses for a given set of symptoms.
- Presents only the "need-to-know" basic science information and key references, so you have just the right amount of detail on every subject.
- Presents hundreds of full-color photographs depicting every type of skin disorder, along with a wealth of diagrams that clarify complex concepts and numerous algorithms that expedite decision making. .
- Allows you to consult the traditional printed reference, and access the complete contents online, fully searchable, with regular updates on important new clinical developments · systemic drug questionnaires · specialty news · downloadable illustrations · and more.
The two volume reference is heavy enough to practice weight lifting, but the information contained is
worth its weight in gold. Basic sciences are integrated into all sections and key histological findings
are demonstrated with photomicrographs, which is likely to be mandatory reading for any student writing the basic sciences exam. A great innovation is the use of colour coding of the chapters for easy reference. Volume one covers basic sciences and most of the clinical dermatology seen in most practices. Volume two includes the remaining clinical entities. The content of the book is accurate and up-to-date with relevant pictures of high quality and most chapters are easy to understand. If you are planning to buy one book this, I can highly recommend this set of textbooks. As a standard reference, for clinical use or as an on-line reference work, it is unlikely that you will get more enjoyment and better value for money.
Sadr, UK, 2008
"This spectacular edition is for folk who have a major interest in dermatology. If you are a specialist, this would be a superb addition to your personal library. Primary care doctors with a special interest in dermatology would also hugely benefit from this major reference source. The two volume books are magnificently produced with excellent colour reproductions of images. The volume of information here is immense, detailed and scholarly and has an almost encyclopaedic review of the discipline. A superb, detailed, all encompassing mega dermatology book, that comes with an all frills website. I thoroughly enjoyed this book."
Univadis, October 2008
"This is an excellently produced and comprehensive view of skin disease and its management. It is very well-illustrated with first class examples of clinical and histological features of skin disease and the text is well-complemented by computer drawings and clear tables. It is all too easy for a classic to become dated but this one remains fresh and of great value to all those who encounter skin problems in their everyday practice as well as to the dermatologist or specialist dermatology nurse."
BMA Book Awards 2008 - Highly Commended
"This is a valuable, comprehensive textbook that is a worthwhile addition to any dermatologist's library the book covers the entire spectrum of the dermatology subspecialty, including basic science, dermatopathology, clinical dermatology, and dermatologic surgery the brilliant organization is the best thing about this book, which makes it easily accessible and user-friendly, whether for detailed perusal or the quick check during a busy clinic."- Doody's 4 Stars ****, May 2009
By Jean L. Bolognia, MD, Professor of Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA; and Joseph L. Jorizzo, MD, Professor and Former(Founding) Chair, Department of Dermatology, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC