Cataract Surgery, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Extensively revised, this state-of-the-art 3rd edition of Cataract Surgery offers new perspectives and cutting-edge coverage of the rapidly evolving field of cataract surgery. Roger F. Steinert, MD, along with a who’s who of top international experts, delivers comprehensive clinical coverage of the latest surgical techniques, principles, and pearls, as well as expert advice on preoperative assessment and how to avoid and manage complications. Detailed discussions on today’s hot topics such as aspheric and presbyopia IOL, phacoemulsification, and more, keep you at the forefront of this burgeoning field. And, more than 1050 illustrations and a DVD containing videos of cataract procedures give you step-by-step visual guidance. Plus, with Expert Consult functionality, you’ll have easy access to the full text online at www.expertconsult.com.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Provides access to the full-text online at www.expertconsult.com for convenient referencing.
- Includes a DVD with over 60 minutes of surgical videos performed by the authors, offering you real-time guidance on the full range of the latest cataract surgery techniques, including phacoemulsification in the presence of a small pupil, toric IOL implantation, biaxial microincision cataract surgery, and many others.
- Features expert hints and tips on the common pitfalls in cataract surgery, including advanced surgical pearls to save you valuable time and help you avoid costly errors.
- Offers expanded coverage on how to manage complications, to prepare you for the challenges you face.
- Provides the latest information on phacoemulsification techniques, keeping you on the cusp of these popular procedures.
- Presents new chapters on Aspheric Multifocal, Accommodating IOLs, Color-filtering IOL, IOL design, and Capsular opacification offering you the latest information in this rapidly advancing area.
- Offers practical technical guidance from internationally recognized authorities who describe the techniques as well as offer their best advice on the operative management of cataracts.
- Presents a logical organization where chapter progress from preoperative evaluation and preparation through the full range of surgical techniques to management of complications.
- Includes more than 1050 illustrations emphasizing the most common techniques.
***2010 BMA Book Awards - Highly Commended - Surgical Specialties category***
"The diagrams are excellent and overall, images and DVD footage are of high quality. The narration on the videos is also expertly done. Conquering cataract surgery is a major goal for all ophthalmologists. This book is an excellent and thorough guide supported with good images, diagrams and video footage. The ability to access content online is an attractive and essential feature." Judges Comments
***Doody's Review - 5 Stars!***
"This book is well referenced, readable, and well laid out.... it is easily navigable, making it a highly recommended addition to the library of every cataract surgeon. In the rapidly evolving field of cataract surgery, the updated edition is essential and timely.""Dr Steinert and the associate editors have done a tremendous job of producing an all-inclusive and in-depth review on the management of cataracts and IOLs. This reference is relevant for the beginning, intermediate and advanced surgeon and clinician. It will also serve as an invaluable reference for the unusual and challenging cases that one may encounter pre-, intra- and postoperatively." -- Reviewed by Asim Piracha, MD for Ocular Surgery News (Sept. 2010)
By Roger F. Steinert, MD, Clinical Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine CA