The Sports Medicine Resource Manual
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Written by primary care sports medicine physicians, The Sports Medicine Resource Manual is the one musculoskeletal textbook that is ideally suited for family medicine and sports medicine providers. Chapters on physical exam and diagnosis are carefully integrated with sections on rehabilitation and management—including a complete guide to procedural skills such as casting, injections, compartment testing, running shoe prescriptions and more. In this conveniently sized volume, sports medicine physicians, orthopedists, emergency medicine physicians, physical therapists, pediatricians, team physicians, athletic trainers, and others share their expertise on everything from diagnosis and proper rehabilitation of musculoskeletal pain to “field side” coverage and acute management of the injured athlete. Designed as both a tutorial and a trusted reference, this easy-to-reference resource will provide you with expert guidance for years to come.Table of Contents
- Integrates sports medicine diagnosis and management with procedural skills, making this a one-stop reference for outpatient sports and musculoskeletal medicine.
- Features expert guidance from multiple medical disciplines, providing you with well-rounded coverage from various perspectives.
- Includes evidence-based guidelines and ratings, wherever available, ensuring you have the best clinical knowledge to deliver the best possible outcomes.
- Emphasizes rehabilitation of soft tissue injury, fracture management, and musculoskeletal procedures to help you effectively treat more of what you see regularly.
- Presents appendices on exercise and injury for special populations, including pregnant women and pediatric and geriatric patients, enabling you to appropriately care for the diverse range of individuals in primary care practice.
- Uses a templated format throughout making reference a snap.
"This is a comprehensive, well written book. Primary care physicians, sports medicine physicians, athletic trainers, and physical therapists will find it an excellent resource. It will prove valuable in enhancing the care of athletes and other physically active patients." - Doody's, 3 stars***
By Peter H. Seidenberg, MD, CAQ Sports Medicine, Fellowship Director, Saint Louis University Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship; Assistant Professor, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Saint Louis University; Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, Uniformed Services University; and Anthony Beutler, MD, CAQ Sports Medicine, Team Doctor, Andrews Air Force Base; Team Doctor, US Navel Academy