Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 8th Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
One of the best-selling medical textbooks of all time, Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease is the one book that nearly all medical students purchase, and is also widely used by physicians worldwide. A "who's who" of pathology experts delivers the most dependable, current, and complete coverage of today's essential pathology knowledge. At the same time, masterful editing and a practical organization make mastering every concept remarkably easy. Online access via Student Consult includes self-assessment and review questions, interactive case studies, downloadable images, videos, and a virtual microscope that lets you view slides at different magnifications. The result remains the ideal source for an optimal understanding of pathology.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Delivers a state-of-the-art understanding of the pathologic basis of disease through completely updated coverage, including the latest cellular and molecular biology.
- Demonstrates every concept visually with over 1,600 full-color photomicrographs and conceptual diagrams - many revised for even better quality.
- Facilitates learning with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.
- Offers the most authoritative and comprehensive, yet readable coverage available in any pathology textbook, making it ideal for USMLE or specialty board preparation as well as for course work.
- Includes access to the complete contents online via Student Consult, along with self-assessment and review questions, over 100 interactive clinical case studies, videos, and a virtual microscope that lets users view slides at different magnifications.
"Remarkably up to date…Provides the reader with a current understanding of disease mechanisms and deserves a place on the shelf of any health care professional, irrespective of specialty or level of training." - JAMA, review of previous edition
"Praiseworthy for the breadth and depth of its content and its ability to remain up to date. It serves the needs not only of the beginning student, the pathologist in training, but all practitioners of medicine with intellectual curiosity." - Modern Pathology, review of previous edition
"Bound to retain its standing as the definitive source for learning, or relearning, the principles of the pathologic basis of disease." - Advances in Anatomic Pathology, review of previous edition
"This book is even shorter than before. That is really impressive. I cannot but admire this book, which I keep re-reading since I entered Pathology in 1966. Wow, it shows that even a first class book can be improved – hard to believe but true. It is very readable and even funny in some places. The text is nicely laid out and the book looks less bulky than the previous edition. The illustrations are excellent. Even though the book is definitely for the new generations, I am sure that it will be welcomed by senior pathologists trying to keep up with the times – I doubt that I am the only old timer eager to re-read it." - Ivan Damjanov, MD, PhD, author of Pathology Secrets and Pathophysiology
By Vinay Kumar, MBBS, MD, FRCPath, Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL; Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA; Nelson Fausto, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA and Jon Aster, MD, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston, MA