Surgical Techniques in Ophthalmology Series: Refractive Surgery
Text with DVD
This volume in the Surgical Techniques in Ophthalmology series presents emerging technologies that are shaping the world of refractive surgery. You'll find detailed discussions and expert guidance on excimer laser instruments, wavefront technology, the recent modifications made to photoablation, refractive lens exchange, and others. A concise format, to-the-point text, and numerous color photographs help you hone your clinical skills while implementing the newest techniques. Plus, a DVD featuring each brand of laser allows you to compare and choose the most appropriate machines for your practice.Table of Contents
- Features ten entire chapters devoted to excimer lasers of the world that are approved for custom ablation to help you decide when and learn how to use them effectively for optimal results.
- Provides a detailed discussion of refractive lens exchange, including small incision cataract technology and the development of multifocal and accommodating intraocular lens to help you effectively treat high myopia and hyperopia.
- Covers the surgical reversal of presbyopia to keep you on top of burgeoning techniques.
- Discusses wavefront technology for use in identifying optical aberrations and improving your patients' vision.
- Presents pros and cons and pearls and pitfalls to help you avoid complications.
- Contains full-color high-quality photographs that add to your comprehension of the material.
- Includes a DVD of excimer laser instruments so you can decide which ones are best for your practice.
By F. Hampton Roy, MD, FACS, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Arkansas College of Medicine, Medical Advisor, Little Rock Surgery Center, Little Rock, AR