Pet Lover's Guide to Natural Healing for Cats and Dogs
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Part of the Pet Lover's Guide series, this volume presents detailed information on alternative therapies for both dogs and cats. Written in a clear, simple manner, the book is divided into three main parts. Part 1, on diet and natural therapies, addresses the importance of diet for pets, and discusses the pros and cons of both commercially available and homemade diets. It also covers the basic explanations of the various alternative therapies widely used by holistic veterinarians and readily available to pet owners (e.g., supplements and herbs, acupuncture, homeopathy, chiropractic and other manual healing). Part 2 makes recommendations for specific health conditions, such as skin problems or digestive tract problems, and describes how various alternative therapies are used alone or in combination with allopathic therapies to treat or relieve the condition. Finally, Part 3 offers an overview of health maintenance and preventive health, and includes information about vaccinations, flea and tick control, weight control, and caring for the aging pet.Table of Contents
- Full-color line art and photographs illustrate various plants and herbs, and also techniques such as manual therapies, massage, and other hands-on healing techniques in a user-friendly and easily identifiable manner.
- Special boxes labeled "Where We Stand" present the author's strong opinions on specific (sometimes controversial) issues in a highlighted, easy-to-find format.
- Key terms are highlighted, making them easy to locate and reference — these terms are also included in the glossary with clear, simple definitions.
- Important information is bulleted and placed in a shaded box, bringing the main points to the reader's attention in a quick and useful way.
- Clear readability makes information easily accessible to pet owners, helping them to better understand natural therapies and their uses in treating pets. It also enables veterinarians to carry the book in their practices and recommend it to clients.
- Written by established, recognized veterinarians, this book is a reliable source for veterinary professionals.
By Barbara Fougere, BVSc, BVMS (Hons), Acupuncture and Natural Therapies, Rozelle, New South Wales, Australia