Atlas of Gynecologic Surgical Pathology, 2nd Edition
Accurately diagnose gynecologic disorders using the latest knowledgeTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Full of stunning color photographs, this authoritative reference provides practical, easy-to-use guidance on the histopathologic diagnosis of gynecologic lesions. Written by world-renowned experts, this visual resource clearly describes the cardinal clinical, gross, and microscopic features of each lesion, as well as the staging system for tumors at each site. Clinical correlations of surgical pathology, clinical data, and immunohistochemical data help you to weigh all of the available evidence to form the most decisive diagnoses. Never has it been easier to perform state-of-the-art gynecologic diagnosis right at your own microscope!
- Internationally recognized experts in gynecologic pathology provide you with the know-how you need to overcome virtually any diagnostic challenge you face.
- Approximately 1000 high-quality, full-color illustrations—50% more than in the previous edition—help you rapidly and accurately identify gynecologic tumors and related lesions.
- A consistent approach to every entity discussed, including definition, clinical features, gross features, miscroscopic features, and differential diagnoses, expedites reference.
- Comprehensive coverage of pitfalls helps you avoid diagnostic errors.
- Extensive tables listing possible differential diagnoses of each tumor and tumor-like entity identify the key points to be considered in problem areas.
REVIEWS OF THIS EDITION
"This book was intended as an easy-to-use practical guide to the diagnosis of female genital tract lesions. In this reviewer’s opinion, the book exceeds expectations. This beautiful new edition should be on the bookshelf of every pathologist involved in gynecologic pathology." --American Journal of Surgical Pathology, 32: 1591, 2008
REVIEWS OF THE PREVIOUS EDITION
"I was impressed by the authors' ability to have included so much useful information in so compact a volume and in such a useful format. Practically every important subject in gynecological pathology is covered. The authors are also to be congratulated for managing to provide a reasonably balanced approach when discussing controversial issues... In this reviewer's opinion, it exceeds expectations... The tradition of excellence in the teaching of gynecological pathology by the authors' mentor, Dr Robert E. Scully, has been continued." --American Journal of Surgical Pathology, 25: 271, 2001
"Overall, this is the best single atlas of gynecologic pathology on the market today. Comparie it to any other and its superiority is quickly obvious... The book is eminently practical and needed." --International Journal of Gynecological Pathology, 19: 296, 2000
"The appendices will come as a delight to patternspottingphiles... Overall I thought this atlas was an excellent read, visually dynamic, with scholarly, comprehensive coverage." --Histopathology, 38: 78, 2001
"Highly recommend this purchase of this book, not only by pathologists in general practice, but also by busy gynecologists who need to understand the clinical significance of the pathology reported by their colleagues, and by residents in both pathology and gynecology who need a quick reference and rapid introduction to the literature. When time is short and communication between gynecologists and pathologists less frequent, this book can help bring both to a common ground of understanding." — The Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists 7:9, 2000
"A good source of information and reference material...Recommend it as a bench book for anyone reporting gynecological specimens." — The Royal College of Pathologists
"A worthy addition to the published armamentarium that increasingly crosses the disciplinary interface between the clinical and pathologic approaches to the diagnosis of disease." — Current Surgery
- Discussions of all investigative contexts, including immunohistochemical features wherever relevant, ensure diagnostic accuracy.
- The latest classification and staging systems for gynecologic diseases and disorders keep you up to date on diagnostic and prognostic indicators.
- Summary tables, charts, and boxes make essential information easy to retrieve.
By Philip B. Clement, MD, Professor of Pathology, University of British Columbia and Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital and Health Sciences Center, Vancouver, British Columbia; and Robert H. Young, MD, FRCPath, Director, Anatomic Pathology and Associate Chief of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital; Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA