Imaging of the Musculoskeletal System, 2-Volume Set
Expert Radiology Series
An international group of experts brings you an exhaustive full-color two-volume reference to help you effectively select and interpret the best imaging studies for the challenges you face in musculoskeletal diagnosis. They cover every aspect of musculoskeletal radiology, including the latest diagnostic modalities and interventional techniques. Plus, a CD featuring case studies, additional chapters, and valuable appendices enriches your knowledge and gives you step-by-step guidance on all of the most important musculoskeletal procedures. Examples of cutting-edge modalities such as MR, multislice CT, ultrasonography, and nuclear medicine are balanced with conventional radiographic images, enabling you to compare and contrast findings from all imaging modalities. More than 5,300 digital-quality illustrations offer exceptional detail and clarity, and user-friendly features including key points boxes, classic signs, protocols, and ACR guidelines put today’s best practices at your fingertips.Table of Contents
- Offers advice from a diverse group of experts from around the globe, providing you with a wide range of options and perspectives, including the pros and cons of each modality, to help you overcome difficult challenges.
- Presents radiographic images as well as MR, multislice CT, ultrasonography, and nuclear medicine imaging findings so you can easily compare results.
- Delivers essential background information to help you fully understand each topic.
- Integrates protocols, classic signs, and ACR guidelines, ensuring a better decision making process.
- Structures every chapter consistently to include pathophysiology, imaging techniques, imaging findings, differential diagnosis, and treatment options so you can make the best informed decisions.
- Provides boxes highlighting what the referring physician needs to know, to assist you with report writing, as well as suggestions for treatment and future imaging studies.
- Includes a CD of case studies, valuable appendices, and additional chapters that provide step-by-step guidance on all of the most important musculoskeletal procedures.
- Uses more than 5,300 superior, large digital-quality images depicting all of the musculoskeletal imaging findings you’re likely to see, and helping you distinguish between conditions with similar presentations.
- Features a full-color design throughout, including color-coded tables and bulleted lists that highlight key concepts and get you to the information you need quickly, as well as color artwork that lets you easily find critical anatomic views of diseases and injuries.
"Each chapter contains anatomy, prevalence and epidemiology, biomechanics, pathology, clinical presentation, imaging and a synopsis of treatment. The international authorship (188 experts from 15 different countries) discuss almost every conceivable aspect of musculoskeletal radiology. This book is an absolute necessary standard and can be recommended without any restrictions by anyone who is interested in imaging of the musculoskeletal system. I wish it would have been available years ago." - Imhof H, Book review. Eur J Radiol (2009) doi:10.1016/j.ejrad.2009.01.031
By Thomas Pope, MD, FACR, Professor, Departments of Radiology and Orthopaedics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC; Hans L. Bloem, MD, Professor of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Netherlands; Javier Beltran, MD, Department of Radiology, Maimonides Medical Center, Gellman Building, Brooklyn, NY; William Morrison, MD, Department of Radiology, Division Director, Musculoskeletal Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA; and David B. Wilson, MBBS, BSc, FRCP, FRCR, Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and University of Oxford, Oxford, UK