Color Textbook of Histology, 3rd Edition
Concise, current, and richly illustrated, this one-of-a-kind text encompasses cellular and molecular biological concepts as well as classical morphology to present histology from a functional perspective. A wealth of superb illustrations - including light and electron micrographs as well as schematic diagrams and three-dimensional drawings - make all concepts easy to understand, and clinical correlations underscore the practical relevance of the material. Helpful tables and summary statements summarize vital information at a glance. Thoroughly updated to reflect all of the latest concepts and advances in the field, this third edition also includes full-text online access via www.studentconsult.com, where you'll find a wealth of supplemental tools to facilitate study and exam preparation.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Comes with STUDENT CONSULT - enabling you to access the complete contents of the book at www.studentconsult.com, perform sophisticated searches, and take personal notes online · enhance your learning by completing 100 USMLE-style review questions and answers · follow "Integration Links" to bonus content from other STUDENT CONSULT titles · clip and download content to your handheld device · and much more.
- Contains a set of PowerPoint™ slides on CD-ROM, prepared by the authors, that offers you a convenient way to review the most essential information from the text.
- Offers more light micrographs and electron micrographs than ever before - with an increased number of labels in each micrograph to completely identify all of the features represented.
- Provides an increased focus on molecular biology.
- Delivers more clinical correlations throughout to more thoroughly demonstrate clinical implications.
- Features an abundance of illustrations, including micrographs, diagrams, drawings, and tables that clarify essential information.
- Provides clinical considerations in each chapter when appropriate.
- Key terms are bold face and chapter summaries alert students to important content.
- Provides a comprehensive cross-referenced index for easy location of needed information.
"This is a clearly written, well-illustrated book that is easy to read and presents its information in a way that engages the reader fully. The photomicrographs, electron micrographs and diagrams are excellent quality and clearly labelled, providing a great visual accompaniment to the text. The authors have also included sections called ‘clinical correlations’ that put the factual information into the context of a clinical scenario, providing additional useful information for their readers. The presence of a CD-Rom and access to an educational website is also very valuable. It is clear that this book is focused on making the information accessible and interesting to the reader and the authors have clearly succeeded in this aim."
BMA Awards 2007
By Leslie P. Gartner, PhD, Associate Professor of Anatomy, Department of Oral and Craniofacial Biological Sciences, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD; and James L. Hiatt, PhD, Associate Professor of Anatomy, Retired, Department of Oral and Craniofacial Biological Sciences, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD