A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease
Cardiac Nursing: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease is the only comprehensive text available for cardiac nurses. This brand-new reference emphasizes both evidence-based practice and hands-on care in a high-tech, high-touch approach that meets the high-stakes needs of cardiac and critical care nurses. What's more, the book makes the material easily accessible by using clear language, straightforward text, and plenty of illustrations, lists, and tables. This book is the third in a series of companion texts for Braunwald's Heart Disease and the first specifically for nurses.Table of Contents
- Authored by the widely published, well-known co-editors of The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing--two leaders in cardiac nursing.
- Endorsed by the authors of Braunwald's Heart Disease, including Eugene Braunwald, the physician considered by many to be the "father of modern cardiology."
- Evidence-based Practice boxes highlight research-supported advances in knowledge and care practices.
- Conundrum boxes helps readers hone their critical thinking skills by tackling tough questions for which there may be no easy answers.
- Technology boxes keeps readers up to date with the latest technological advances.
- Genetics boxes helps readers understand connections between genes and heart disease.
- Pharmacology tables present important drug-related information at a glance.
- A guide to cardiac abbreviations and acronyms gives nurses quick access to essential information.
By Debra K. Moser, DNSc, RN, FAHA, FAAN, Editor, The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, Professor and Gill Chair of Nursing, University of Kentucky, College of Nursing, Lexington, KY; Debra K. Moser, DNSc, RN, FAHA, FAAN, Editor, The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, Professor and Gill Chair of Nursing, University of Kentucky, College of Nursing, Lexington, KY and Barbara Riegel, DNSc, RN, CS, FAHA, FAAN, Editor, The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA