Saunders Nursing Survival Guide: Fluids and Electrolytes, 2nd Edition
Saunders Nursing Survival Guide: Fluid and Electrolytes, 2nd Edition presents a complete review of the ever-challenging topic of fluid and electrolytes, using lighthearted cartoons and mnemonic tools designed to make your learning experience more relaxed and enjoyable. Each book in the unique Saunders Nursing Survival Guides series features brief, focused material and lively illustrations that make complex subjects approachable and easy to understand. Consistent unit headings - What You Will Learn, What It Is, What You Need to Know, What You Do, and Do You Understand? - break information into manageable sections to make learning easier. Each chapter also includes a number of NCLEX® Exam-style review questions to reinforce important information and help you prepare for the examination as well as future clinical applications.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Cover design and series title better identifies the series as a fun and simple review.
- What You Will Learn section provides chapter objectives for the reader to aid in their navigation through the chapters.
- Over 100 NCLEX® examination-style review questions have been moved to the ends of chapters to immediately test student knowledge.
- Unique presentation of content allows students to survive and thrive.
- Material is presented using adult learning principles and various active-learning strategies to engage nursing students of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles.
- Consistent chapter format breaks down information into small units and reinforces an effective thinking process.
- Special icons for Lifespan Considerations, Cultural Implications, Web Links, and Cautions help the student quickly identify special content in the chapter.
- Memory-reinforcing interactive activities (including fill-in the blank, matching, word jumbles, true/false, and crossword puzzles) promote student learning.
- Clinical terms and shorthand expressions are highlighted in parentheses to expose students to terminology that they will hear in the hospital setting.
- Boxed Take Home Points provide the benefit of years of nursing experience that students can use to prepare for their clinical rotation.
- Original cartoon-character illustrations walk the student through difficult subjects with a lighthearted approach.
By Cynthia C. Chernecky, PhD, RN, CNS, AOCN, Associate Professor, Department of Adult Health, Medical College of Georgia School of Nursing, Augusta, GA; Denise Macklin, RNC, BSN, CRNI, President, Professional Learning Systems, Inc., Marietta, GA; and Kathleen Murphy-Ende, PhD, RN, AOCN, Verona, WI