Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care for Veterinary Technicians, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$60.95|
The first book in the field written expressly for veterinary technicians by leaders in the field, Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care, 2nd Edition is efficiently organized for quick access to dozens of common, life-saving protocols and procedures. Section I includes chapters on assessment, equipment, and therapies and techniques. Every procedure is thoroughly illustrated and described in step-by-step detail with important drug information. Section II addresses specific systemic problems such as hematologic, cardiovascular, and gastrointestinal emergencies; shock; and trauma. Total team management of the critical patient is emphasized throughout.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapters cover isolation of the critically ill, infectious patient; client communication including triage, both in the waiting room and on the phone; and restraint techniques, sampling techniques, and common emergencies related to birds and exotics.
- Expanded Pain Management, Respiratory Emergencies, and Urologic Emergencies chapters include practical information on a wide variety of presenting problems.
- Expanded coverage of basic lab equipment, fluid therapy, and oxygen therapy provides the most current information.
- Logically organized by physiologic sign to help busy practitioners prioritize interventions
- Helpful equipment lists are provided at the beginning of most chapters.
- Technician Tips highlight specific procedures using diagrams, photos, and detailed instructions.
By Andrea Battaglia, LVT, Hospital Operations Director, Veterinary Specialty Center, Animal Emergency Center of CNY, Spencer, NY