Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care for Veterinary Technicians, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$39.62|
The veterinary technicians' detailed guide to emergency and critical care protocols and procedures for small animalsTable of Contents
New to This Edition
The first book in the field written expressly for veterinary technicians, Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care, 2nd Edition is efficiently organized for fast consultations and provides quick access to dozens of common, life-saving protocols and procedures. This book focuses on how to maintain patients’ conditions and provide specific nursing care that is beneficial to the individual patient’s recovery, including how to maintain and handle the various access ports used in the critically ill animal.
- Logically organized by physiologic sign to help busy practitioners prioritize interventions
- Helpful equipment lists are provided at the beginning of most chapters.
- Technician Tips highlight specific procedures using diagrams, photos, and detailed instructions.
- New chapters cover isolation of the critically ill, infectious patient; client communication including triage, in the waiting room, and on the phone; and avian and exotics restraint techniques, sampling techniques, and common emergencies.
- Expanded Pain Management, Respiratory Emergencies, and Urologic Emergencies chapters include even more helpful information.
- Expanded coverage of basic lab equipment, fluid therapy, and oxygen therapy provide the most current information.
By Andrea Battaglia, LVT, Hospital Operations Director, Veterinary Specialty Center, Animal Emergency Center of CNY, Spencer, NY