Liver Biopsy Interpretation, 7th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Evaluate and interpret the full range of liver biopsy specimens with the fully revised New Edition of this practical resource! Two internationally respected experts examine the pathologic changes in primary liver disease as well as systemic diseases affecting the liver. More than 400 illustrations - now in full color - depict the appearance of every condition. Gut called a previous edition "the best and most authoritative manual on the interpretation of liver biopsies...A must for anyone involved in liver biopsy diagnosis."Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features an increased emphasis on differential diagnosis, to help readers evaluate entities that look alike.
- Integrates the latest advances in immunohistochemistry and cytogenetics as well as expanded coverage of FNA biopsy, hepatitis C, and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Includes 141 new illustrations that assist in the recognition and diagnosis of any tissue sample.
- Makes information easy to find and apply with many new diagnostic flow charts, decision-making algorithms, summary tables, take-home messages, and bullet points.
- Correlates histopathologic features with clinical features to describe how pathology affects the diagnosis and management of liver disease.
- Helps readers resolve their most difficult diagnostic questions more quickly with copious technical tips and diagnostic "pearls" based on Drs. Scheuer and Lefkowitch's extensive experience.
- Examines all aspects of liver pathology: normal, hepatidities, childhood diseases, and neoplasms.
- Includes a glossary of frequently used terms and descriptions and a selection key references.
"A classic...Magnificently illustrated. The book belongs on the shelf of everyone concerned with liver disease."-Journal of Hepatology
"All aspcts of the book, production and contents are superlative."-Modern Pathology
By Peter J. Scheuer, MD(Lond), DSc(Med), FRCPath, Professsor Emeritus, Royal Free and University College Medical School of University College, London, UK; and Jay H. Lefkowitch, MD, Professor of Clinical Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY