Muscle Biopsy: A Practical Approach, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult; Online and Print
Hello, we will be performing scheduled maintenance from 1:00 AM until 4:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on May 28, 2015. Due to this maintenance, ebooks will be temporarily unavailable for purchase. Print book purchases will be unaffected. We apologize for any inconvenience.
In this book, Professor Victor Dubowitz manages to bridge the gap between clinical syndromes/disorders and their underlying pathologies. An internationally renowned figure in the field of muscle disease, Professor Dubowitz skillfully guides you through the complexities of pathologic diagnoses and their implications for clinical treatment. This reference describes the techniques of obtaining a muscle biopsy and examines the histochemical, histological, electron microscopical and molecular appearance of normal muscle and the pathology of individual muscle disease.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Presents all the latest techniques in molecular diagnosis and immunocytochemistry as they apply to individual disorders.
- Includes high-quality, full-color illustrations throughout the book.
- Incorporates tables, summary charts, and boxes to provide a user-friendly, accessible format.
- Covers the entire range of diagnostic/investigative techniques, providing you with all of the necessary tools to formulate an accurate diagnosis.
- Offers a combination of clinical and pathological experience for a unique perspective on a complex and difficult area of diagnosis.
- Addresses the "knowledge explosion" over the last 10 years in the fields of molecular genetics and immunocytochemistry, including all of the latest clinically relevant investigative techniques.
- Focuses on diagnostic techniques and on the diagnostic interpretation of results, giving you a portable reference book and a bench book in a single volume.
"The third edition of this book...has surpassed my expectations. The quality of the book overall is excellent, from the production and layout to the illustrations, diagrams and index. The range of muscle diseases included spans both adults and children, with an integrated approach to diagnosis including clinical, genetic, biochemical and pathological features. Overall, this book has been a highlight of the past year for me. It deserves to do very well indeed and will be of immense value beyond its target readership." BMA Awards 2007
By Victor Dubowitz, BSc, MD, PhD, FRCP, DCH, Professor of Paediatrics, Department of Paediatrics and Neonatal Medicine, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK; and Caroline A. Sewry, BSc, PhD, FRCPath, Professor of Muscle Pathology, Dubowitz Neuromuscular Centre, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK; Centre for Inherited Neuromuscular Disorders, Department of Histopathology, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, UK