Diagnostic Surgical Pathology of the Head and Neck, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
A comprehensive resource on surgical pathology of the head and neckTable of Contents
New to This Edition
This resource is the authoritative guide to problematic areas of the head and neck for the surgical pathologist. With particular emphasis placed on diagnostic problems and differential diagnosis in addition to coverage of more common diagnostically straightforward lesions, you’ll get the most complete diagnostic picture possible. The updated second edition features new coverage and a more user-friendly layout. Expert Consult functionality allows you to access the entire contents of the book online, from any internet connection.
- Features the most comprehensive collection of head and neck pathology specimens in one reference for comparison with your findings.
- Covers rare as well as common diagnoses to help you identify even the most obscure disease entities.
- Provides clinicopathologic correlations throughout to give you all the information you need to formulate a complete diagnostic report.
- Emphasizes differential diagnosis and avoiding diagnostic pitfalls so you can overcome difficult diagnostic challenges.
“A truly outstanding book. It is wonderful that head and neck pathology…has finally gained its literary jewel. This all-embracing overview of the standard pathology, together with recent advances and discoveries that have occurred in the field of head and neck pathology in the past decade, will provide indispensable diagnostic guidelines to all those dealing with otolaryngologic diseases…A must on the shelves of anyone, from residents to seniors, involved in head and neck pathology.”
-Modern Pathology, review of the previous edition
"This is a beautifully illustrated book which aims to provide comprehensive coverage of the full range of surgical pahtology of the head and neck...This book would be of benefit to any department dealing with head and neck specimens, ranging from those specialist centres reveiving resections specimens to district generals that handle fine needle aspirations and biopsies." The Bulletin, January 2010
"This book succeeds in its aim of providing an authoritative diagnostic guide to the pathology of these diseases for histopathologists and cytopathologists...This is an excellent book that should be on the shelves of every department that deals with diagnostic histological and cytological material fro the head and neck region." The Bulletin, October 2009
- Covers FNA cytology, molecular genetic techniques, and immunohistochemistry to present the most compete diagnostic picture possible.
- Presents a brand-new chapter on specimen handling to ensure effective processing and reporting of head and neck specimens.
- Features more than 1700 full-color illustrations that capture the pathologic and cytopathologic appearances of the full range of common and rare neoplastic and non-neoplastic lesions.
- Allows you to access the entire contents of the book online, from any internet connection, via Expert Consult functionality.
By Douglas R. Gnepp, MD, Professor, Departmwent of Pathology, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI