Clinical Sports Medicine
Medical Management and Rehabilitation, Text with CD-ROM
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Only a fraction of sports medicine injuries require surgery, but most sports references emphasize surgical management over medical management and rehabilitation. This is only comprehensive Sports Medicine resource to focus on the medical management and rehabilitation of patients. Written by some of the most prominent names in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, this volume fills a void by providing you with a top-notch sports medicine reference aimed at non-surgeons. The international contributors to this book present you with global "best practices" from world leaders in the field.Table of Contents
- Includes a FREE CD-ROM packed with essential forms, images downloadable to PowerPoint, and easily printed patient education guidelines including, general fluid intake for before, during and after exercise, general nutrition recommendations for endurance events, pre-marathon training schedule for athletes, and more.
- Covers practical issues in primary care to give you information you need all of the time.
- Demonstrates the mechanism of injury and its treatment with exquisite illustrations.
- Contains boxes and tables to give you immediate access to key information.
- Incorporates coverage of adolescent sports medicine from Dr Lyle S. Micheli, the world's leading expert on this topic.
- Contains chapters addressing hot topics such as, The role of diet and nutritional supplements, Aquatic rehabilitation, Return to training and competition, and more.
Edited by Walter R. Frontera, MD, PhD, Earle P. and Ida S. Associate Professor and Chairman, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Harvard Medical School; Physician-in-Chief, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital; Physciatrist-in-Chief, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service, Massachusetts General Hospital; Physician and Chief, Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA; Lyle J. Micheli, MD, Director Division of Sports Medicine, Associate in Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Children's Hospital; Associate Clinical Professor, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; Stanley A. Herring, MD, FACSM, Puget Sound Sports and Spine Physicians; Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA; and Julie K. Silver, MD, Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School, Boston; Medical Director, Spaulding-Framingham Outpatient Center, Framingham, MA