Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Physiology, 4th Edition
A Problem-Based Approach
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The revised and updated fourth edition of Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Physiology continues to offer expert advice on the bedside management of acid-base and electrolyte disorders. Distinguished authors synthesize key theoretical and clinical information in a way that is easy to understand and apply. Discussions on the latest science, as well as new cases, new discoveries, and new approaches in intensive care are just a few of the updates you’ll find to help you make the best management decisions. Clinical information is presented in an easy-to-understand style, and the integration of color offers increased visual guidance. What’s more, diagnostic flow charts and critical questions challenge your problem-solving skills and reinforce your decision-making expertise.
New to This Edition
- Features entirely new cases with discussions that keep you on the cusp of current clinical dilemmas and standards of practice.
- Discusses new treatment options to help you provide optimal care.
- Presents new discoveries to bring you up to date on the latest findings in science and clinical practice.
- Offers new approaches in critical care keeping you current in this emerging area of nephrology.
- Incorporates relevant information on energy metabolism and endocrine, gastrointestinal, respiratory, and cardiovascular physiology.
- Features a consistent, user-friendly format with diagnostic algorithms and helpful margin notes.
- Includes numerous case studies that illustrate how key management principles are applied in practice.
- Presents questions and explanations throughout that let you test your knowledge and hone your skills.
“Figures, algorithms, and tables…clearly summarize a lot of information, facilitating the comprehension of the topic under discussion.”—Pediatric Nephrology
By Mitchell L. Halperin, MD, FRCPC, Renal Division, St. Michael's Hospital; Professor of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Marc B. Goldstein, MD, FRCPC, Renal Division, St. Michael's Hospital and Professor of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada and Kamel S. Kamel, MBBCh, FRCP