Manual of Canine and Feline Cardiology, 4th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The most effective, practical approach to the recognition and management of cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary medicine, MANUAL OF CANINE AND FELINE CARDIOLOGY, 4th Edition takes a user-friendly approach to the challenges and conditions you encounter in everyday practice. This completely revised and updated edition includes vital information on diagnostic modalities and techniques, therapeutic options, surgical procedures, and pharmaceutical management of the dog and cat cardiac patient. This invaluable, practical reference covers the full breadth of canine and feline cardiology diagnosis and management in a straightforward and clinically focused format.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Vibrant, full-color format helps important material stand out and includes vivid illustrations to aid in diagnosis and treatment.
- A user-friendly format with bullet points, tables, key points, and boxes offers at-a-glance access to key information.
- Cardiac Surgery chapter provides illustrated, step-by-step coverage of cardiovascular surgical procedures and techniques.
- Chapters on Pacemaker Therapy and Cor Pulmonale and Pulmonary Thromboembolism expand the scope of coverage
- A completely updated drug formulary presents the most current therapies used to pharmacologically manage cardiovascular disease.
- Twenty-nine expert contributors share their knowledge and clinical exposure to ensure you are using the most trustworthy and up-to-date information available.
- Covers common cardiovascular disorders and practical treatment methods for cardiac failure, cardiac arrhythmias, conduction disturbances, cardiopulmonary arrest, as well as procedures for resuscitation.
- Includes numerous reproductions of electrocardiograms, thoracic radiographs, and pressure curves
"This book of approximately 450 pages is an excellent review of the current state of the field of small animal cardiology. It is comprehensive and very thorough, up to date, has a scientific approach as well as being clinically oriented and it is very enjoyable to read. This book is an amazing accomplishment in the reviewer's opinion! (...) Boxes with frequently asked questions and key points help the reader to focus on the main issues, and complete this very valuable addition to small animal cardiology. Read it!"
- The European Journal of Companion Animal Practice, April 2009
By Larry P. Tilley, DVM, DACVIM(Internal Medicine), President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Consultant, New Mexico Veterinary Specialty Referral Center, Santa Fe, NM; Francis W. K. Smith, Jr., DVM, DACVIM(Internal Medicine & Cardiology), Vice President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Lexington, MA; Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA; Mark Oyama, DVM, DACVIM(Cardiology), Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA and Meg M. Sleeper, VMD, DACVIM(Cardiology), Assistant Professor and Section Chief, Cardiology, Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA