Medical Management of the Surgical Patient, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
This practical handbook delivers complete, to-the-point, evidence-based guidance on the preoperative, perioperative, and post-operative medical care of surgical patients. Each chapter focuses on a particular area of clinical concern, with concise presentations of pathophysiology, assessment and management options, the latest drug treatment information, and essential information on risk stratification and quality improvement. The result is an invaluable source on the management of surgical patients with co-existing medical problems that may be affected by surgery, as well as how to approach medical complications that may occur during or following surgical procedures.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Extensively updated chapters.
- Easy-to-read tables present key information on each disorder, including classification, causes, risk factors and indexes, drug treatment information, mortality rates, laboratory findings, and postoperative complications.
- Recommendations accompanied by an assessment of the quality of supportive evidence, including randomized controlled trials, population based reviews, and consensus guidelines.
- A topical index takes you immediately to the answers you need.
- A new, smaller design makes the book easy to carry with you anywhere.
- Comprehensive discussions at the beginning of each chapter emphasize consultation in surgical patient management.
- A concise, bulleted format lets you absorb key information at a glance.
"This is an absolute must for every physician who performs perioperative consultation services. It is an excellent compendium in a very easy to use format." - DOODY'S BOOK REVIEW, 5 Stars *****
By Geno J. Merli, MD, FACP, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA; and Howard H. Weitz, MD, FACC, FACP, Thomas Jefferson University Department of Medical Divison, Cardiology, Philadelphia, PA