Evidence-Based Manual Medicine
Text with DVD
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Offer your patients expanded options for musculoskeletal relief with the help of this innovative new resource on manual medicine. Experienced teachers and physicians show you exactly how to apply patient-focused, basic palpatory diagnostic and manual treatment procedures to achieve optimal outcomes and enhance patient comfort.Table of Contents
- Effectively diagnose and treat a wide range of musculoskeletal problems using direct and indirect myofascial release, isometric muscle energy, and indirect articular techniques.
- Teach your patients rehabilitative and preventive exercises as well as ergonomic guidelines to facilitate recovery.
- Confidently determine whether manipulative treatments are indicated using visual and palpation tests.
- Choose the best procedure for each patient with the help of detailed coverage describing each technique's effects and desired outcomes.
- Review clinical trials that document the effectiveness of manual techniques.
- Master techniques confidently with assistance from two authorities whom the AAFP invited to educate its members about manual approaches.
- Know exactly when and how to perform manual medicine techniques using step-by-step visual guidance from more than 700 photographs and drawings plus 62 video clips on the bonus DVD-ROM.
By Michael A. Seffinger, DO, FAAFP, Osteopathic Family Physician, Associate Professor, Family Medicine/OMM, Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA, USA; and Raymond J. Hruby, DO, FAAO, Professor of Family Medicine/OMM and Chair, Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA, USA