Core Curriculum for Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing, 3rd Edition
A comprehensive overview of occupational and environmental health nursing, this book is AAOHN's statement of the scope of practice for this nursing specialty. It represents the latest body of knowledge significant to this field. Written in an outline format, it can be used as a textbook for an occupational and environmental health nursing course, as a clinical reference in a variety of occupational settings, and as a certification review tool. This new edition is based on recent revisions to the AAOHN's Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapter on disaster planning and management addresses responsibilities of occupational health nurses in hazard situations in both the workplace and in the larger community.
- The latest government initiatives and guidelines are covered, such as OSHA's Strategic Management Plan to reduce workplace fatalities, injuries, and illnesses, plus other new workplace-related government programs and legislation.
- Revised competencies of practice, with performance criteria, present the current practice expectations at each level of practice.
- Revised Code of Ethics is a guide for nurses to maintain and pursue professionally recognized ethical behavior in providing occupational and environmental health services.
- Revised Standards of Practice define the practice of this specialty and provide a framework for evaluation.
- Expanded content in the environmental, research, and health promotion chapters highlights the latest information in these areas.
- Written by experts in the field of occupational health nursing.
- Consistent outline format allows ease of access to information.
- Addresses the foundational sciences of occupational health: epidemiology, toxicology, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, and injury prevention to provide a comprehensive basis of knowledge.
- Incorporates trends in the legal, ethical, economic, political, and business climates as they relate to occupational and environmental health and safety, staying current with all areas that affect the occupational health nurse's roles and responsibilities.