Nails, 3rd Edition
Diagnosis, Therapy, Surgery
The thoroughly updated 3rd Edition of this highly regarded text continues to provide the latest therapeutic and surgical information on nail disease. A new signs-oriented section guides you to disease-specific information and simplifies diagnosis. The new, streamlined format includes bullet lists · cross-references · "Therapy" and Key points" highlights for easy reference · and full-color artwork throughout, as well as a larger page size that accommodates bigger photographs. In addition, many illustrations have been added to elucidate complex basic science.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Presents a new signs-oriented section that quickly guides you to disease-specific information.
- Provides new coverage of the diagnosis and treatment of onycholysis and chronic paronychia.
- Ranks therapy according to the available evidence, allowing you to treat your patients with confidence.
- Includes essential new information on genetics and future developments.
- Features outstanding new full-color photographs and illustrationsmany new to this editionthat clearly depict nail disease and basic science concepts.
- Uses a more streamlined format for easier readability and access to important points.
- Features 4 new associate editors, presenting fresh perspectives and new, expert contributions to nail disease and treatment.
- Provides the most reliable and comprehensive treatment information availablefully revised to include the latest therapeutic and surgical knowledge.
- Uses a disease-oriented chapter format.
"This book is a must for all who see patients with nail disease. For those who use either of the previous editions, this editino represents a comprehensive revision and significant upgrade."--Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, February 2006
"The third edition has an enhanced, reader-friendly format, with expanded coverage of onycholysis and chronic paranychia and updates on cutting edge treatments."--SciTech Book News, September 2005
By Richard K. Scher, MD, Professor Clinical Dermatology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY; and C. Ralph Daniel, III, MD, Clinical Professor of Medicine (Dermatology), University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS