Suture and Surgical Hemostasis
A Pocket Guide
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$38.95|
Great for students and professionals, this portable reference offers a complete understanding of suture and hemostasis relating to surgical procedures. Its spiral binding and full-color photos and illustrations make it easy to find the appropriate suture materials and related information needed for any surgical procedure.Table of Contents
- Small, spiral-bound format offers easy access in any clinical setting.
- Descriptions of suture knots and step-by-step images of different types of stitches provide excellent instruction and are great for review.
- Over 200 full-color illustrations with brief descriptions help readers clearly identify suture materials appropriate for specific surgical procedures.
- A discussion of hemostasis is provided to give readers a full understanding of wounds and wound healing and when and why certain types of suture material should be used.
- Summary-at-a-glance charts and tables synthesize category descriptions and key information for quick reference.
- Key terms, abbreviations, and definitions are provided as a quick-reference glossary.
By Rebecca Pieknik, CST, MS, Program Coordinator, Surgical Technology Program, Oakland Community College, Southfield, MI