Health Professional and Patient Interaction, 7th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$59.95|
The revised and updated seventh edition of Health Professional and Patient Interaction emphasizes respectful interactions in a wide range of health care settings. Strategies for effectively communicating with patients of all ages, as well as abusive, depressed and impaired patients, are illustrated through examples and various scenarios.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Reflections boxes encourage critical thinking through questions based on given scenarios, as well as the reader's personal experiences.
- Two-color design visually reinforces learning opportunities.
- A framework of respect and ethics is presented to drive decision making in patient communication.
- Patient stories introduce the patient's point of view to illustrate the principles described in each chapter.
- Individual chapters detail advice for effective, respectful interaction with newborns through toddlers, children and adolescents, adults, and older adults.
- Questions for Thought and Discussion ending each section engage students in applying their knowledge to a variety of situations.
- Updated information highlights the importance of professionalism and values.
- A context of respect is addressed in relation to institutional settings, a diverse society, and difficult situations.
- Self respect in the student years and the professional medical career is emphasized.
By Ruth B. Purtilo, PhD, FAPTA, Professor and Director of Ethics Initiative, MGH Institute of Health Professions, Boston, MA; and Amy M. Haddad, PhD, RN, Professor, Center for Health Policy and Ethics, Department of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences, School of Allied Health Professions, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE