Skeletal Trauma, 4th Edition
Expert Consult: Online and Print, 2-Volume Set
Hello, we will be performing scheduled maintenance from 1:00 AM until 4:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on May 28, 2015. Due to this maintenance, ebooks will be temporarily unavailable for purchase. Print book purchases will be unaffected. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Obtain the best outcomes from the latest techniques with help from a "who's who" of orthopaedic trauma experts! In print and online, you'll find the in-depth knowledge you need to manage any type of traumatic injury in adults. Major updates keep you up to speed on current trends such as the management of osteoporotic and fragility fractures, locked plating technology, post-traumatic reconstruction, biology of fracture repair, biomechanics of fractures and fixation, disaster management, occupational hazards of radiation and blood-borne infection, effective use of orthotics, and more. A DVD of operative video clips shows you how to perform 25 key procedures step by step. A new, full-color page layout makes it easier to locate the answers you need quickly. And now, for the first time, you can access the complete contents online, for enhanced ease and speed of reference!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Enhanced and updated coverage keeps you current on the latest knowledge, procedures, and trends - including post-traumatic reconstruction, management of osteoporotic and fragility fractures, locked plating systems, mini incision techniques, biology of fracture repair, biomechanics of fractures and fixation, disaster management, occupational hazards of radiation and blood-borne infection, effective use of orthotics, and much more.
- More than six hours of operative videos on DVD demonstrate 25 of the very latest and most challenging techniques in real time, including minimally invasive vertebral disc resection, vertebroplasty, and lumbar decompression and stabilization.
- Online access allows you to rapidly search the complete contents from any computer.
- New editor Christian Kretek contributes additional international expertise to further enhance the already exceptional editorial lineup.
- An all-new, more user-friendly full-color text design enables you to find answers more quickly, and more efficiently review the key steps of each operative technique.
- More than 2,400 high-quality line drawings, diagnostic images, and full-color clinical photos show you exactly what to look for and how to proceed.
- Complete, absolutely current coverage of relevant anatomy and biomechanics, mechanisms of injury, diagnostic approaches, treatment options, and associated complications equips you to confidently approach every form of traumatic injury.
"The secret of success in a major text such as this is the quality of the editing which is masterly . . . The editors of the book are to be congratulated."- JBJS, review of the last edition
"It is difficult to find fault with this edition of Skeletal Trauma. Such a comprehensive resource can sometimes be unwieldy and rather intimidating to its readers, but not in this case. It remains a standard reference which should be part of the armamentarium of every orthopaedic department."
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, August 2009
By Bruce D. Browner, MD, MS, FACS, Gray-Gossling Professor and Chairman Emeritus, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT; Director, Department of Orthopedics, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT; Alan M. Levine, MD, Division Head, Cancer Institute, LifeBridge Health, Baltimore, MD; Jesse B. Jupiter, MD, Director, Orthopedic Hand Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA; Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA; Peter G. Trafton, MD, FACS, Professor/Vice Chairman of Orthopaedic Surgery, Brown University School of Medicine; Surgeon-in-Charge, Orthopaedic Trauma, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI; and Christian Krettek, MD, FRACS, FRCSEd, Professor and Director of the Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Hanover Medical School (MHH), Germany