Guide to Arthrocentesis and Soft Tissue Injection
This concise, user-friendly, pocket-size handbook of best practices provides expert guidance on how to use arthrocentesis and soft tissue injection to diagnose and treat the most common musculoskeletal disorders seen in primary care, including strains, sprains, overuse injuries, inflammatory and arthritic conditions, and more. A consistent organization, clear illustrations, and low cost make this a must-have for anyone who regularly sees patients with orthopedic complaints.Table of Contents
- Features the expertise of Dr. Bruce Carl Anderson, a world authority on orthopedic practice in primary care.
- Offers proven, straightforward "how-to's" of arthrocentesis and injection procedures for the most common orthopedic problems.
- Features detailed descriptions, simple line drawings, and crisp imaging to clearly show every aspect of proper procedure.
- Presents at-a-glance differential diagnosis and confirmations tables at the beginning of each section.
- Provides comprehensive appendices, including follow-up procedures and tables for physical therapy, radiology, laboratory tests, and all other support activities.
- Uses a consistent format for easy reference.
By Bruce Carl Anderson, MD, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR; Director, Medical Orthopedic Department, Sunnyside Medical Center, Portland, OR