Atlas of Facial Implants
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Authored by renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, this new book presents both aesthetic and reconstructive applications of alloplastic implants for recontouring the craniofacial skeleton. Inside, you'll find step-by-step descriptions of each procedure enhanced by color illustrations and color photographs depicting preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative views. Includes descriptions of augmentation of the infraorbital rim, the malar, and the pyriform aperture · the use of multiple midface implants · reconstruction of the cranial vault and internal orbit · and much more.Table of Contents
- Reviews indications for implant use, patient evaluation, and surgical planning.
- Compares the host response to autogenous bone and the alloplastic materials frequently used today.
- Overviews the technique of implant reconstruction without post-surgical stigmata.
- Presents aesthetic and reconstructive applications, including discussions of adjunctive measures typically used to achieve the desired result.
- Provides a description of the relevant musculoskeletal anatomy, normal skeletal relations, and the surgical technique for implant placement.
- Includes cosmetic augmentation of the chin and posterior mandible.
- Features Key Points boxes and pearls and pitfalls.
By Michael J. Yaremchuk, MD, Professor of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA