With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The pathophysiology text that best prepares you for practice
New to This Edition
This completely new textbook takes an integrative, problem-based approach to pathophysiology, creating an effective bridge from basic science to clinical practice. Preeminent pathology practitioner, author, and instructor Ivan Damjanov, MD, PhD skillfully provides you with the rich understanding of disease mechanisms you need to succeed on the USMLE and beyond. Clinical vignettes in each chapter, presented in a problem-based format, demonstrate the practical relevance of pathophysiology principles, and hundreds of full-color diagrams clarify even the most difficult concepts. Plus, full-text online access via Student Consult further enhances learning and study. The result is a comprehensive yet succinct source that is ideal for today's medical students.
- Discussions of each organ system's disorders include key clinical function tests and lab tests - valuable aspects of laboratory medicine that are highly relevant to clinical practice, but are not covered in other pathophysiology texts.
- A consistent, logical format for each chapter makes the material easy to master.
- Abundant full-color conceptual diagrams, algorithms, and charts present complex information in an easy-to-absorb manner.
- Glossaries of key terms, review questions, and other learning tools facilitate study.
- Clinical case studies help you succeed in problem-based learning courses and on the USMLE.
- Access to the complete contents of the book online at www.studentconsult.com lets you perform quick searches . . . add your own notes and bookmarks . . . follow Integration Links to related bonus content from other Student Consult titles . . . and review additional case studies.
By Ivan Damjanov, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS, USA