Statistics for Health Care Research
A Practical Workbook
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$54.95|
Statistics for Health Care Research: A Practical Workbook is a concise, practical tool that will help you develop confidence in interpreting the statistical data in health sciences research articles. It features 45 exercises designed to strengthen your understanding of sampling, measurement, and statistical analysis techniques. It's the only workbook of its kind to include research examples from both the nursing and the medical literature for a complete perspective on health sciences research.Table of Contents
- 45 sampling, measurement, and statistical analysis exercises provide a practical review of both basic and advanced techniques and prepare you to apply statistics to clinical practice.
- The health sciences focus encompasses both the nursing and the medical literature so you can review the techniques in context.
- Statistical Technique in Review sections provide concise summaries to refresh your understanding of each technique.
- Research Article sections provide the article source, an introduction, and a "Relevant Study Results" section to help you apply the statistical technique in context.
- Study Questions with answer keys reinforce the exercise content and help you check your understanding of each technique.
- Questions to Be Graded, printed on separate pages to be completed and submitted to the instructor, test your mastery of key statistical techniques.
- The concise, practical format makes helps you quickly review and become comfortable with each statistical technique.
- Fully indexed to help you locate content quickly and easily.
By Susan K. Grove, PhD, RN, ANP, GNP, APRN, BC, Associate Dean and Graduate Advisor, School of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX