Multimedia Primary Care Procedures
DVD, Online, and Pocket Procedures Manual
Outpatient procedures are a growing component of primary care practice. Now, there's a multimedia resource to help you perfect your skills and boost your comfort level in performing these procedures! Videos on DVD and online show you exactly what to do, step by step; and a companion pocket manual provides these how-tos in a portable format. You'll also have convenient access to ICD-9/CPT codes, patient instruction sheets, and more! Plus, this critically acclaimed learning tool just gets better month after month, as the authors add more and more procedure videos online. It all adds up to a highly user-friendly and effective way to make sure you are performing every outpatient procedure as safely and successfully as possible.Table of Contents
- Presents 65 video clips on DVD—viewable either on your DVD player or computer—which demonstrate how to perform everything from local and topical anesthesia, through various biopsy techniques ... sutures and dressings ... use of tissue adhesives ... placing an Unna boot ... needle aspiration ... skin tag and lipoma removal ... nasopharyngoscopy ... ganglion injection/aspiration ... arthrocentesis and joint injection ... flexible sigmoidoscopy and other GI procedures ... nasogastric intubation ... pap smear ... colposcopy ... thoracentesis and abdominal paracentesis ... vaginal delivery and cesarean section ... bladder catheterization ... and more.
- Offers an ever-expanding number of additional videos online—depicting techniques such as catheter placement, FNA of the thyroid, and spider vein ablation—to continually augment your skills.
- Superimposes sub-surface anatomy illustrations over external anatomy within the videos, where helpful, to aid you in performing the procedures with precision.
- Allows you to select the text you would like to view while watching the videos.
- Provides downloadable patient instruction sheets in English and Spanish to promote patients' self care, plus ICD-9/CPT codes to facilitate reimbursement.
"An excellent resource for primary care physicians to learn or review procedures by means of high-quality, narrated videos."—JAMA
By Michael Tuggy, MD, Director, Swedish Family Medicine; Clinical Associate Professor, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA; Jorge Garcia, MD, Faculty, Swedish and Providence Family Medicine Residency; Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA; and Gary Newkirk, MD, Director, Family Medicine Spokane Residency, Rural Training Tract Residency and Family Medicine; Obstetrics Fellowship, Clinical Professor of Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Spokane, Washington, USA