A Practical Guide to Therapeutic Communication for Health Professionals
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$58.95|
This new textbook is designed to provide students with all the necessary tools to effectively communicate with patients and other health care professionals. With its easy-to-read style, it is loaded with useful tips to help students engage into the practice of communication. It presents condensed amounts of content for learning the basic principles and then integrating elements such as case scenarios, questions, or hints and tips to encourage application of those principles into real-life situations.Table of Contents
- Easy-to-read style provides practical information, hints, and tips.
- Test Your Communication IQ boxes provide students with a short self-assessment test at the beginning of each chapter.
- Spotlight on Future Success boxes provide students with useful, practical tips for improving communication.
- Taking the Chapter to Work boxes integrated within each chapter are actual case examples with useful tips to guide students to practice and apply what they have learned.
- Beyond the Classroom Activities exercises at the end of each chapter help students use knowledge learned from topics presented in the chapter.
- Check Your Comprehension exercises at the end of each chapter provide questions and activities to test student knowledge of chapter content.
- Communication Surfer Exercises focus on helping students utilize Internet resources to improve their knowledge and application of communication skills.
- Expanding Critical Thinking at the end of each chapter provides students with additional questions or activities designed to apply critical thinking skills.
- Legal Eagle boxes provide useful tips that focus on honesty, as well as ethical and legal communication between patients and health care workers.
- Unique, interactive CD-ROM, packaged with the textbook, includes a variety of application exercises, such as voice mail messages, patient/caregiver interviews, chapter key points, and patient charts.
- Audio segments on the CD-ROM provide communication in action to help students observe verbal communication examples and apply their skills.
By Julie Hosley, RN, CMA, Medical Assisting Program Director, Carteret Community College, Beaufort, NC, USA; and Elizabeth Molle-Matthews, RN, CEN, CCRN