Movement Disorders in Childhood
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Experts in the field, Drs. Singer, Mink, Gilbert, and Jankovic, fill the gap in the market by offering the only comprehensive text devoted solely to the diagnoses and treatment of all pediatric movement disorders. Discussions of common and rare disorders such as movements that occur in sleep and psychogenic movement disorders and the latest advances and developments in medications keep you apprised of today's best practices. Each chapter is accessible, illustrated, stylistically uniform, and carefully referenced, making it easy to access the information you need. This brand-new reference is the ideal resource for the seasoned specialist as well as the non-expert clinician. Best of all, Expert Consult functionality gives you convenient access to the full text online - fully searchable, a downloadable image library, and enhanced visual guidance with narrated, diagnostic videos at expertconsult.com.
• Includes online access to the complete contents of the book, fully searchable, including all of the book’s illustrations, 58 narrated videos of actual patients and their disorders, and abstracts to Medline at expertconsult.com
• Discusses neurobiology, classification, diagnostic evaluation, and treatment, making this a one-stop-shop for all you need to know to diagnose and treat any child with any movement disorder.
• Offers expert guidance and detailed coverage on today’s hot topics, including movements that occur in sleep, drug-induced movement disorders in children, and psychogenic movement disorders to help you better treat whatever you encounter.
• Addresses developmental, paroxysmal, hyperkinetic and hypokinetic, and other movement disorders, offering complete, comprehensive coverage.
• Presents chapters based on clinical symptomology and disease with specific therapy guidance at the end of each chapter.
• Uses illustrations and a logical organization throughout, making reference a snap.
''This book, written in an objective and sensitive manner, puts many years of experience in abnormal movements into a valuable textbook, making practical knowledge available to anyone pursuing this complex branch of paediatrics. Importantly, not only is thequality of the chapters uniformly rather high, but the authors have also created a coherence that is difficult to find in other multi-author books.This remarkably well written book is a pleasure to read and to learn from. Movement Disorders in Childhood is highly recommended for medical students, residents, neuropaediatricians, adult neurologists, and paediatricians.I would encourage anyone interested in movement disorders to obtain a copy.''
By Harvey S. Singer, MD, Haller Professor of Pediatric Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore; Director of Pediatric Neurology and the Pediatric Movement Disorders Clinic, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD; Jonathan Mink, MD, PhD, Professor of Neurology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Brain and Cognitive Science, and Pediatrics and Chief of Child Neurology at the University of Rochester Medical Center; Donald L. Gilbert, MD, MS, Director, Tourette Syndrome and Movement Disorders Clinics, Associate Professor of Child Neurology, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH and Joseph Jankovic, MD, Distinguished Chair in Movement Disorders, Professor of Neurology and Director, Parkinson's Disease Center and Movement Disorders Clinic, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX