Contact Lens Optics & Lens Design, 3rd Edition
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. The 3rd edition of Contact Lens Optics & Lens Design provides a straightforward introduction and offers solutions to the vast majority of contact lens optics problems likely to be encountered in practice. This edition has been thoroughly updated and contains integral coverage of soft lenses, information on the latest corneal measuring techniques, and expanded coverage of astigmatism and corneal toricity. It includes a new chapter on presbyopia and separate treatment of orthokeratology. Also included on the CD-ROM, is a set of invaluable computer programs, which allow the users to bypass tedious calculations in arriving at best fits.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Revised, expanded, and updated computer programs on CD-ROM
- New two-color design throughout
- Color plate section
- Integral coverage of soft and RGP lenses
- In-depth information on mean thickness and harmonic mean thickness
- Discussion of the latest corneal measuring techniques
- Wavefront aberrations
- Soft toric lenses discussed in detail
- New chapter on presbyopia correction and soft lens bifocal design
- Coverage of orthokeratology and other cutting-edge techniques
- Offers solutions to the vast majority of contact lens optics problems
- Includes a companion CD-ROM with calculators to resolve fitting problems
It is [...] particularly pleasing to see this volume on contact lens optics. Modern studies on contact lenses tend to concentrate on the influence of lenses on ocular physiology, so a book on the optical considerations is particularly welcome.
This book is [...] very comprehensive and covers most of what a student or practitioner might want to know on the topic.
I would heartily recommend this book to anyone who is interested in contact lenses.
By William A. Douthwaite, MSc, PhD, FBCO, DCLP, Professor of Optometry, University of Bradford, Bradford, UK