A Handbook for Optometrists
Intensely practical and highly accessible, this essential handbook provides a key reference for any optometrist needing to give objective information to patients considering laser eye surgery. It follows a typical patient journey through the LASIK procedure and covers the normal outcomes as well as any complications. All aspects of the optometrist's role are covered, from pre-selection, referral and data collection through to counselling, procedures and aftercare. If you want to give your patients an informed opinion about refractive surgery or are co-managing LASIK patients, you cannot be without this information.Table of Contents
- Highly practical, bullet points, tables, boxes, practical advice, clinical tips
- Covers patient journey through the procedure - what goes right as well as what can go wrong
- Important ancillary material on www.optometryonline.net guidelines, protocols, decision making pathways, videoclips of procedures
- Highly illustrated and beautifully designed so that you can find the information instantly and at a glance when you are working in a busy clinic
- Very synoptic but wide ranging in its contents from pre-selection through to post-operative management and referrals.
- An essential white coat pocket book.
By Michelle Hanratty, BScHons, MCOptom, Refractive Surgery Clinic Manager, Aston Academy of Life Science; Sessional Lecturer, Department of Optometry & Vision Sciences, Aston University; PQE Examiner, College of Optometrists; Pre-registration Advisor, College of Optometrists, UK