Differentiation, Examination and Treatment of Movement Disorders in Manual Therapy
This innovative resource presents the principles of manual therapy examination and management, paired with a CD-ROM that contains high-quality video clips of procedures. This multimedia approach explains and demonstrates both the underlying clinical reasoning and the technical execution of key manual therapy procedures. The book begins with discussions of the key concepts related pain mechanisms and focuses on procedures and associated reasoning that are appropriate for treating pain states that are predominantly nocioceptive - a critical distinction not often addressed in other books. Its focus includes joint, neural and muscle/soft tissue system examination and management procedures, grounded in biomedical reasoning. Patient self-management strategies are provided for long-term success.Table of Contents
- Successfully integrates principles of manual therapy examination and management with over 500 superb video images of procedures.
- Emphasis on treating nocioceptive pain states encourages therapists to appreciate the significant impact psychosocial circumstances can have on a patient's symptoms.
- Multidimensional approach to manual therapy incorporates concepts and procedures from different disciplines, guided by clinical reasoning.
- Coverage includes procedures for examining and managing conditions associated with joint, neural, and muscle/soft tissue systems.
- Biomedical theory is presented, with detailed discussions of clinical implications followed by differentiating physical examination procedures, to strengthen clinical reasoning skills.
- Specific self-management procedures are provided for the specific impairments identified through differential examination, with video presentations of these procedures on CD-ROM.
By Robert Pfund, PT, OMT, MAppSc(PT), Physiotherapist, Master of Applied Science (Physiotherapy), Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapist IFONMT, Instructor OMT - Kaltenborn/Evjenth Concept; and Fritz Zahnd, PT, Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapist IFOMT, Health & Fitness Instructor ACSM, Senior Instructor OMT, Kaltenborn/Evjenth Concept